Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday's Treasure

Years ago I found one of these sewing cases in a thrift store. It was broken and dirty and $8, yet I still heavily considered buying it. I left it behind and never forgot how sweet it was, even in its state of disrepair.
~*~

I found this brand new one- with its original paperwork!- in an antique store last week. Can you believe it??? I mean, this is from the 50s! It was marked $20, but was on sale for 40% off. No way was I letting it get away.

~*~

Look at that swoon-inducing aqua color, and those sweet little kitties. This case was meant to be mine!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Jennie, I LOVE this! What a lucky find! And still with the original papers in...Is it 'yours', or is it going in SOSOVintage?
The colour is fantastic...I could go on for agaes about this one LOL.
Take care Jennie x

Bridget said...

I love it. It's fabulous

Evelyn said...

what a lucky find, that is one of my fave colour!

Jennie said...

Donna~ This one's mine... I can't bear to part with it. It's actually the perfect size for the amount of *sewing* that I do. If I ever find another, I'm snatching it up for the shop, though. Unless it's pink... then I'll have to keep that one too, lol!!

CelticKnot said...

Wow, great find! It's in superb condition.

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I would keep it too! Thanks for sharing it with us though. x

Runs With Scissors said...

Awesome! It's beautiful, Jennie!