Monday, November 28, 2011

Makeover Monday: 11/28

A new customer from Seattle purchased this darling fairy forest house and furniture for her daughter for Christmas.  She came to sosorosey looking for a container to house the dolls and accessories.  She liked the look of this basket, but needed it to be about 8" by 8" and deep red.
~*~
I toyed with the idea of making the basket in the shape of a mushroom, but something told me it wasn't a good idea.  I wanted a clean looking, kid-friendly basket that clearly "went with" the doll house.  I sent this little sketch to my customer to see what she thought of me doing a mushroom applique on a basic deep red basket.  She gave me the go ahead, and I was off and running with a never-been-done-before idea.
~*~
First I rounded up enough of the right shade of red.  Then I cut and crocheted.  And cut, and crocheted.
~*~

Finally I had a lidded vessel ready to be shroomed!
~*~
I bought some felt in woodland colors: chocolate, heathered tan, dusky forest, and brick red.  I was pleased with the way my freehand toadstools came out.  Once the customer approved them, I was ready to sew!
~*~
And, tah dah!  A basket for forest fairies fit for a princess! 
~*~
Happy Monday to all, and Happy Birthday to Daddy-O!! 
Here's wishing everyone a great week :)

4 comments:

Craftcherry said...

What an adorable basket! Perfect for that cute fairy house!!

emily said...

That turned out awesome! Did you enjoy sewing onto your basket? I hope you had your thimble handy!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

See!!
I *knew* you could sew! I just knew it :o)

This is FABULOUS!! I love it!! It is just SO cool Jennie!
Your customer is going to be thrilled :o)

So we can see this in SosoRosey as a customised listing..right?

Remember my lovely, one stitch leads to another..;o)

Happy Bithday to your Dad too! I hope he has a fabulous day :o) xxO
Have a fandabby week my lovely friend.
Hope you're all well,

Love n big hugs to you,
Donna xxOOxx

CelticKnot said...

Goodness gracious, me oh my. This is adorable beyond words. I think you have found a new line!