Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Well, my friends, the time has come...


...to raise the roof and have some fun. Throw away the work to be done...Let the music play on (play on, play on). Everybody sing, everybody dance. Lose yourself in wild romance! We're going to party, Karamu, fiesta, forever...Come on and sing along!" ~ Lionel Ritchie
~*~
Yes. This is the song I have been singing (in my head, fortunately) since my trip to the Salvation Army on Friday. And to think, all these years I have been singing *carambo* instead of "karamu". But, I digress.
~*~
In addition to this gloriously perfect retired rose-pink disk pitcher, I also found (equally gloriously perfect): the covered butter dish, pie plate, large serving tray, gravy boat, and 4 cereal bowls. And a second disk pitcher!! There will be a pink fiesta happening this week at sosovintage...
come on and sing along!

6 comments:

CelticKnot said...

Beautiful find, Jennie! I love the shape, style, and color. :-)

Angela said...

I love my Fiesta too!

Angela said...

Thanks A lot Jennie..... can't get it out of my head since this morning when I read your post.... but then again... didn't Danny Gokey sing this with Lionel... on finale night!!

"People dancing all in the street
See the rhythm all in their feet
Life is good wild and sweet
Let the music play on
(play on, play on)
Feel it in your heart
And feel it in your soul
Let the music take control
Were going to party
Liming, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing my song!"

Bridget said...

I love vintage Fiesta...and that song is one of my Fav party songs...

Bridget said...

I love vintage Fiesta...and that song is one of my Fav party songs...

Cottage In The Sun said...

I love Fiesta! Pink is my favorite!!