Monday, August 23, 2010

Makeover Monday: 8/23


I started with some plain old white cotton,
~*~and added a smidge of this beautiful shimmery aqua thread that I found at Hobby Lobby in PA. We don't have Hobby Lobby here :(
~*~

Viola~ A new shape! It reminds me of antique inkwells, and was inspired by ancient Native American basket weaving and pottery. It is the perfect size for a special pen or a couple of crochet hooks. Perhaps even a small bouquet of dried wildflowers. Look for it in sosorosey soon!

~*~

Happy Monday! Boy did I have a fun vacation last week. Sophie and I were spoiled absolutely rotten by my folks. In addition to the neighborhood swimming pool and practically every restaurant in and around Gettysburg, we went to a miniature horse farm, a historic round barn, a Pennsylvania Dutch market, the South Mountain Fair, and an Amish flower drying shed. We did a horse and buggy trip around historic downtown, and climbed a gargantuan observation tower at one of the battlefields. I also had two whole days to go thrifting and antiquing all by myself- it was pure heaven and I have TONS of new goodies to list in both shops. That's it for me... what's new with YOU? I've missed you!

4 comments:

CelticKnot said...

Oooo! I love the new shape and the subtle sparkle. Gorgeous! Very well done, Jennie. :-)

Your vacation sounds absolutely wonderful. You definitely deserved a nice break.

What's new with me? Today was the first day of the last year of my master's program. Huzzah!

amr mettwally abd elhafeez said...

very impressive picture for a nice product i really like it
do not miss my blogging tips article

Ribbons Undone said...

Your vacations sounds so lovely--and so full of fun too. You must have had a blast!

Love your crocheted vase--what a fabulous addition to your Etsy shelves.

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Jennie you obviously had a wonderful time! I absolutely adore that new shape! As usual, your work and designs are sublime!
Hope you have a great week this week too.
Hugs, xx