Monday, July 25, 2011

Makeover Monday: 7/25

I have a VERY exciting custom order, and this is the PERFECT fabric for what I need to make.  A neutral cotton with the tiniest lighter colored diamonds.
~*~
I started the usual way, by cutting the fabric a uniform width and wrapping the long strip into a ball.  In this case the width is about 3 inches.
~*~
Using a large hook, I've crocheted the very base of this project to be about 8 inches wide.  Before It's all said and done, it will be going up many more inches and out a bit too.  I don't think anyone could guess what this will be/represent in the end, but guesses are welcome!  I hope to be finished by the end of the week, and I'll show you the final result.  I hope you can stand the suspense, lol!!!

3 comments:

CelticKnot said...

Oooo, how mysterious and exciting! I'm tickled to see you so happy about it, whatever it is. :-) My guess is that it's a vase.

Unknown said...

I have no idea! But I think it's fascinating what you can do with fabric!!

Ribbons Undone said...

Hmmm. Don't know. I'm picturing one of those big Asian straw hats. Curious. Three inches!? Wow--you must use a really BIG crochet hook. Don't know if my tiny little hands could wield such a tool. You're a tough gal, Jennie!