Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday's Treasure: 7/28

I am not typically a fast mover.  Unless I am late- I hate to be late.  So, in thrift stores that I am familiar with, I don't tend to dawdle.  I move along at my *casual slow* pace, reaching carefully to look certain things over, gently moving this knick knack or that odd-n-end to be sure I don't miss anything.
~*~
But on occasion, a find calls for swift action.  This comes from the more subconscious region of my brain.  The place that quickly registers *pink* or *aqua* or *pyrex* or *atomic*  before I've really even laid both eyes on the item.  The place that screams "GRAB IT" before I have time to even think. 
~*~
When I reached out my hands for this amazing lidded divided dish in the more rare promotional pattern "constellation" today, I felt like a frog flipping his tongue out for a fly.  I probably thought the same thing as the frog, too, "Mmmm mmmm".
~*~
This dish and lid are in as near to mint condition as I've ever seen.  Absolutely stunning.  Look for them in sosovintage later this evening!  When was your last frog/fly catch?  Do share!

6 comments:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

LOL!! Jennie...I LOVE vintage pyrex...and I collect cake stands...so when I saw your photo, my heart fluttered!!!!! Beautiful!

CelticKnot said...

Ooo, beautiful dish! You know I love that pattern.

I go thrifting on occasion, and I look for bottles for my stars and books. I am elated that a thrift store just for books recently opened up in the neighboring town, and I bet I look like a hungry frog whenever I go in there. :-D

Evelyn said...

love this pattern!

Ribbons Undone said...

Uh oh--today I saw a Pyrex lidded dish (daisy pattern) at the thrift shop. I picked it up, and (please don't slap me) I put it back down. Should I go back and get it? Price? Under $4.

Jennie said...

Lol, Victoria- I wouldn't slap you! Though was it the pink daisy? Cuz then I'd consider it...

The vintage counterpart to the realtor's "location, location, location" is "condition, condition, condition". I've passed up many a piece of Pyrex that had a chip, dark mark or scratch or, heaven forbid, cloudy color from people putting it in the DISHWASHER. Ugh. If you left a perfectly wonderful piece of daisy Pyrex sitting on a shelf, well, you *could* go back- but I'd bet money it wouldn't be there anymore.

jessijewels said...

what a great writer you are. you have a way with words like no other. :)
x j