Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Old Stock

One of my very favorite booths in the Emmitsburg Antique Mall usually has plenty of new old stock ephemera to peruse.  The last time I went, the selection and prices couldn't be beat, so I brought a few pieces home to share in sosovintage.
~*~
 ~*~
This soap box comes in two parts- a base and a lid.  I just love the colors and graphics.  There's no date, but I'd say 1940s.  You?
~*~
 ~*~
The red on this tobacco pouch caught my eye.  Love the graphics, here, too.  No year on this one either- any ideas?
~*~
~*~
And what chef could resist an antique banana extract box?! 
~*~
It's so hard to believe these items have been saved, unused for decades and decades.  I can see the boxes on a shelf in a powder room or kitchen.  And the tobacco one could be framed for a man cave!  Any other ideas?
~*~
What's the best new old stock item you've found on your treasure hunting excursions?

1 comment:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Love this packaging jennie. Not sure what year it would all be from tho'...

The banana flavoured extracts made me smile though, as it's from a 'chemical works'! ;o)

xxOOxx