Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday's Works

~*~
I've been fortunate to have a few custom orders rolling in to sosorosey!  This jute wine bag was specially made to accommodate a large bottle of wine.
~*~

 ~*~
I made some stars for a customer from her baby's blanket back in 2010, and she recently came back for more- for the new baby!  She sent me two bamboo receiving blankets, and these 6 stars are the result.  I had never worked with bamboo fabric- it worked up much like gauzy cotton, with a slight fray to the edges.  Super soft!
~*~
~*~
My most important work today involves being a mother to my little batling.  She got to dress up for her class party, and I led the "ghost making" station.  Good fun, and now we're preparing for some trick or treating around the neighborhood.  Woohoo!   Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

PAma said...

Wonderful wine bag...wish it were mine!!

Cool looking bat...happy looking as a little lark and cute as can be!! Happy Halloween!!

Taci simmons said...

Love the little stars...they are so very cute!
I love your blog. So many beautiful work... I could spend hours just looking around :)

Lillie and Moss said...

VERY NICE WINE BAG. I AM SURE YOU WILL GET MANY MORE ORDERS FOR THAT ONE. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION. SHARI!

Teapot Lane said...

Yay!! For custom orders :o)

And Yay! for Batgirls and super helping-out mummys :o)

Hoping normalness is resuming after your time in the basement my lovely Jennie.

xxOOxx