Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hey Now, You're a Rock Star...


So, this isn't just a super cute photo of my baby girl. It's an homage to her first really good thrift find! The shades are vintage Polaroid Cool Ray sunglasses- rare and quite fabulous.
~*~
I was floored when she held them up from her end of the bric-a-brac aisle and said, "Hey Mom, look at THESE!!". I praised her ability to hunt up a fantastic treasure, then put them carefully in my cart.
~*~
I cleaned them up when we got home and put them on the *to be photographed* shelf. When she saw them up there, she was aghast. Beside herself. "You aren't going to SELL my rock star glasses, are you??????" Well, I guess not!!
~*~
What can I say, I've got a cool kid.
(Thank you, Smash Mouth, for my title.)

5 comments:

CelticKnot said...

You've got one smart and cute kiddo, Jennie!

whitetail said...

Not to mention she's a fabulous trinket herself...and, the shades are pretty cool too!! Good job girls!

Cottage In The Sun said...

And she does look adorable in them!

Evelyn said...

she looks cute with those glasses. she's becoming a great shopper too.

Schar Freeman said...

Wow really cut from the same cloth as her mommie!! I love that they are hers for her first valuable find!! Bat girl is lookin' so good!!