Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday's Treasure

We just got back last night from a short trip up north to surprise our "Michigan family" with a visit. First we met up with my mom and dad in Pennsylvania. Then, we convoyed up near Detroit to see my aunt, uncle, grandmother, and cousins. My husband and I have not seen most of these relatives since our wedding almost 8 years ago. I hadn't been to Michigan in 14 years. Sophie had never met these relatives at all...and her only great grandmother will be 98 in May!
~*~

Here is our group (minus my hubby the photographer) at the Detroit Zoo. We are in a tunnel underneath the Arctic Ring of Life exhibit- the seals would glide right over our heads!

~*~

Next stop was Ohio- just outside of Cleveland. Here we met up with my sister-in-law and her hubby and daughter. Sophie's cousin is just 4 months older than she is. They had SO much fun together, and did not want the visit to end.
~*~
We met up with my mom and dad again the next day, convoyed back to Pennsylvania, and then kept on chugging back to Virginia. It was a whirlwind 5 days, and I have the laundry to prove it. I wouldn't trade a minute of this trip, though. The visit and the memories will be lasting treasures for so many people.
~*~
I hope you are enjoying your spring break too! Any special trips or plans in your neck of the woods?




5 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you had a nice trip, no trips planned here.....

I want Sophie's Dress... are those all different dogs on it ???

Absolutely adorable !!

Glad you are home !

Angela

Jennie said...

Thank you, Angela! Yes- those are all different dogs... it's one of my favorites :)

Ribbons Undone said...

Jennie, so glad to hear you had a wonderful family trip. All of my immediate family and my husband Glenn's immediate family live only a mile away. We grew up here in Oakhurst, and we never left. I guess I take it for granted that we're all so close together. We are all able to help each other out in a moment's notice. And sometimes we even run errands for each other.

I am happy for you that you got to see family and happy for little Sophie to have met some new faces.

Missed your blogs. They brighten my day. Really. So, being a little bit selfish, I am glad you're home!

CelticKnot said...

I love these pictures! It looks like it was such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing. :-)

Schar Freeman said...

Love the photo with all the generations! Sounds like a lovely trip with many memories gathered along the way.