Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thursday's Treasure


~*~
There she is.  Behold- the NEW for 2011 USPS FLAT RATE PADDED MAILER.  9.5 by 12.5 inches of pure fabulousness.  This may not excite you as much as it does me, but anyone out there that buys or sells fabric ought to be plenty thrilled to hear about this.  Goodbye thin, cheap, inflexible, good for nothing usps flat rate cardboard envelopes- hello water repellent, sturdy, flexible wonderfulness!   I mean, $4.95 for as much as you can fit in the envie anywhere in the US.  And for you international people, it's just $13.95 for many countries!
~*~
Now, shhhhhh.  This is a new item that they don't stock in post offices.  You must order them for yourself, and at that, they only send you 15 at a time.  But, they are free of charge and delivered right to your doorstep.  I've ordered two sets already and plan to make it a weekly order.  Just hoping the powers that be don't discover that they've made a USEFUL flat rate mailer and decide to stop making them.
~*~
How much fits in one of these lovelies, you ask?  Well, I did a stuff test with a pile of pre-cut fat quarters, and the verdict is......

.......drumroll......

....... a whopping TWENTY fat quarters.  FIVE yards of fabric!
~*~
US Sellers- order yours today by clicking HERE.

10 comments:

Megan H Carroll said...

what that's awesome... so ordering these....

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up! I am so excited that they can hold so much!

Angela said...

fantastic !!!

Evelyn said...

nice! thanks for the heads up!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I am so jealous :o)
I wish we had something like that! What a fantastic idea! Yay :o)

xxOOxx

Rene Michele said...

I love that you commented on this, haha. It is good to hear, though!

Jessica Cauthon said...

Oh yes, I grabbed some of them up as soon as I saw them. They are the perfect size for almost everything cloth/yarn that I make!

Craftcherry said...

Oh wonderful! They are a great size for my baby clothes. Thanks!

paburg said...

A big "thank you" for the tip!! I immediately went to the USPS online site and ordered some!! It was very nice of you to let us in on that handy bit of info!!

Love your blog....not only for what you write about but also for the keen way you keep your followers interested and curious enough about what's up in your life, your shops, your projects, your family, and even with you...it's a great blog and you're a great person!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Big smile from me...:O)