Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Makeover Monday: 8/28

 What??  It's not Monday??  Well, I'll be.  I must have lost a day somewhere.  I picked up this cotton yarn (I DO love it, by the way!) when I was in PA last week.  They have Hobby Lobby stores and we don't- and HL carries WAY more cotton yarn choices than Michael's or ACMoore around here. 
~*~
I chose it for its soft and colorful qualities.  I found a pretty scarf pattern, and wanted to make my girl a non-scratchy scarf for the fall.  She is ultra sensitive about softness and comfort, and rainbow is still her favorite color.
~*~
~*~
This was such a quick and satisfying project!  I love the lacy look and Sophie loves how it feels.  Win~win!  The color is carousel ombre, and the free scarf pattern is courtesy of Red Heart.  It's called a side-to-side scarf and you can find it HERE.  I'm looking forward to having the time to make one for myself!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I love the way this has crocheted up jennie! Sophie must think its fab!

Thinking of you lovely lady.
Big hugs to you. {{HUGS}}

xxOOxx

Ribbons Undone said...

Wow--what a great pattern to show off Sophie's favorite color--rainbow! Beautifully done.

guesswho said...

Rainbow is the color of my one true love!! :)