Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday's Works

I've done a slight wording change on my Wednesday title.  The perfectionist in me feels that it is more proper this way, since I plan to show you the works I've worked on AND the works I'm working on.  Now that I have you sufficiently convinced that my neurotic side is still present and accounted for, let's get down to business!
~*~
 ~*~
You may recognize this gray and yellow fabric from a coaster I made not too long ago.  That went off to live in a new home, and I hope this one will soon follow suit.  These colors together are ultra modern, and the basket is a good size at 8" across and 3.5" high.
~*~
 ~*~
I finished my makeover project from Monday, too!  Donna, we were on the same wavelength with the shape- thank you for weighing in with your opinion.  This basket is the largest I've made in a long time- 15" across and 4" tall.  Perfect on a coffee table holding magazines and remotes.  Or on the floor with a precious pup or kitty curled up all cozy!
~*~
 ~*~
Now I'm working on destickerizing (yes, I did make that word up) and cleaning my recent thrift finds...
~*~
 ~*~
...folding some special bridal shower favor boxes from vintage gift wrap...
~*~
~*~
... and preparing to crochet this dark teal fabric into something special for a certain Pez collector I know!
~*~
How about you?  What have you finished lately, and what are you working on now?

2 comments:

Runs With Scissors said...

You are SO busy! Um, why would anyone collect Pez?

Love the shower baskets!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

The yellow and grey basket seems perfect for the home/office room.

The orange and white one seems perfect for (dare I say it?) Autumn!

The shower favour boxes are...well..just perfect! I love 'em :D They are exquisite!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with that lovely teal fabric. WE used to collect Pez when the children were young!! lol

Loving all of your thrifty finds my lovely. The enamel cup is a cute find, and that box at the back is very intriguing! lol.

Have a lovely evening our Jennie.
xxOOxx