Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday's Treat

~*~
This isn't my typical thrift store purchase, but for some reason I could not leave these gals behind.  The polka dots drew me in, and the big smiles captured me.  Even more fun?  They are bobble-heads or nodders, so when you jostle them in the slightest their heads wiggle all around.  I *think* these would be called kokeshi dolls, but they are a style that is unfamiliar to me.  Does anyone think they could be considered vintage?  I'd love to sell them...

2 comments:

Runs With Scissors said...

I can't help you with these, wish I could. I couldn't find anything like them online.

No markings at all on them?

Jennie said...

Thanks so much for looking, Karen. I couldn't find anything either. There are no markings- just some numbers that are likely a price written in pencil on one of the bases. I'm so tempted to put 90s as their year and list them. So cute- I know someone would love them. Maybe I'll post them on my facebook page and see if anyone knows anything...