Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Shape

I had a returning customer pop in to sosorosey the other day with a very special request. Her husband makes gemstone rosaries, and he had recently made one that was to be donated to raise money for their local school.
~*~
She wanted to purchase a small bowl to serve as a presentation piece for the gift. The rosary to be donated was made of fancy jasper, and after looking at several photos of this stone, we agreed that an off-white bowl would be the best color.
~*~
My *usual* bowlees are 3" deep and the sides go straight up. I wanted to create a bowl for this purpose that would do a better job of showcasing the contents, so I gently flared the sides out. As a finishing touch, I strengthened the rim with an additional stitch for added interest and durability. It came out looking so sweet that I decided to go ahead and offer this new shape in the shop. This hot pink one is the latest addition!

5 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

This is so sweet and pretty Jennie :0)
I love your 'flared' bowls.
Hava a great weekend :)
Love n hugs,
Donna x

CelticKnot said...

Very pretty, Jennie!

Laura said...

i love it!!..it is too cute!

- said...

Beautiful and I like the rim!

gburg said...

A very sweet addition to your shop for sure; and, just in time for the coming day of "love"!!! Just fill it with whatever's in your heart...sweets, a bit of jewelry, or even love notes!! Pretty bowl and perfectly timed!