Sunday, January 23, 2011

Price is Right: Game 8

Come join the fun! The more, the merrier!
The Game: I show you my thrift haul from one recent outing. You leave a comment with your best guess as to how much I paid. This does include VA sales tax. The person who comes closest WITHOUT going over wins.
~*~
The Rules: One clear and definitive guess per person- no amending your answer. Please do not choose the same answer as a person who came before you- read the comments prior to leaving your guess. Game runs through Tuesday 5pm, EST and is open to US and international players.
The receipt and winner will be posted here: please be sure I know how to get in touch with you either through blog, website or email. Play nice and have fun!!
~*~
The Prize: The satisfaction of winning, AND $5 in "soso bucks" that can be applied toward any purchase in either of my shops. Can be saved and spent at a later time, up to one year. Can be combined with other wins or offers. Not redeemable for cash. Non-transferable.
~*~
The Stuff: This week the loot comes from a charity shop for a local hospital. A very small thrift shop, run completely by volunteers. The prices here are on the higher end for vintage items of probable value, and on the ridiculously low end for small or "unknown" items.



Precious old sugared Easter egg- a good example of something I will keep because no one could ever love this more than me.
~*~

AMAZING vintage aqua blue dutch oven by Club
~*~

5 more vintage unused greeting cards to add to the growing collection!
~*~

Squeal!!! A perfect unmarked mixing bowl from the mysterious Pyrex "eyes" line

~*~

And lastly, a phenomenal 3 piece Pyrex set in "poinsettia". Wait til you see the lid on this one, too!
~*~
{An aside... does anyone know a trick for removing old candles from a metal stand such as this? I've tried the old freeze it trick to no avail.}
~*~
So, whether you have played every other Price is Right game, or you are a first time blog visitor, I welcome you to the fun! I can't wait to see who wins. See ya tomorrow for Makeover Monday!

14 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

OOooo, I love this game :0)

$19.24 is my guess ;)

I love, love the cute sugared rabbit ornament, what a darling he is with his little chicks....

have a great week jennie. xxxx

emily said...

What a great haul! Love the pyrex "eyes" bowl.

$19.50

jessijewels said...

hmmm, i'm going with $30 even.
i have no clue how to get wax off unless you freeze it like you said OR melt it with an iron(if it's on cloth).
lovely items. xo

Sandy said...

What great finds! I am going to say $24.57.

CelticKnot said...

$27.21? That Pyrex bowl is really cool. :-)

Perhaps heat up the stand to melt the wax, then pour and wipe it out?

Schar Freeman said...

I love the tree piece set da best!!

My guess is $21.14!

AS for wax removal...Have you tried placing it in super hot water? or a hair dryer on high? or both?

Regan Jesurun said...

23.47

=)

Laura said...

I am going to go higher...I say...43.oo $!!..great finds!

Ma said...

Here I go again!! My guess is $22.50. Judging from your haul, you had a great thrifting day! Can't wait to see the cost!!

Kathryn said...

$22.22
Kathryn @ botanical creations :)

Evelyn said...

love that blue eyes pyrex bowl!!!

my guess: $36.75

Steph said...

Oooo I'm going to go for $26.80. Great game 8)

Ribbons Undone said...

I'm in. Better late than never! $21.85--great finds.

When I saw that oh-so-cute Easter bunny egg, I uttered "Awwwww" aloud. Definitely a keeper, Jennie!

Minx's Den said...

$31.00 is my guess, that pyrex piece with it's metal holder may be the most expensive piece which is why i go with 31......