Monday, April 4, 2011

Makeover Monday: 4/4


I have been so busy cutting fabric for a big sosovintage job, that it seems like it's been forever since I have cut fabric for a crochet project! I have had this gorgeous orchid colored cotton sheet in my laundry room for a couple of weeks now- wrinkles aside, it is just such an inspiring color and design. Finally, last night, I was able to get my hands on it and have some fun!

~*~
Since the two egg cozy pairs that I had in sosorosey have now been sent to other homes for Easter, I knew what I had to make. And, if these don't sell, I'll just *have* to keep them :)

~*~

Happy Monday! It is a glorious sunny day here in Virginia! It's a teacher workday, so the original plan was to take Sophie to visit an old friend and go to her neighborhood playground. It seems she has some sort of eye infection though, so a trip to the doctor is in store for this morning. It may be just allergies, but we want to be safe. Other than that, it looks like a fairly straightforward week for us. Just what I love! Hope you have a great day!!

4 comments:

moabrockhound said...

Lovely fabric!! The egg cups from that fabric came out very fetching! Great ideas you come up with!!

Let us know how your babe is doing!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I hope Sophies not too poorly ..what with the holidays and easter Eggs coming up. :(

I love your egg cozies Jennie, and the fabric is gorgeous and scrummy :o)

I love the little eggs that you photograph in them too, they are so pretty :o)

Have a great week Jennie :0)
Love and hugs,
xxxoooxxx

trish said...

Very cute! :o)
I am new to crochet.
Is it hard to crochet fabric?
Sincerely, Trish

Jennie said...

Hi Trish- so sorry it took me so long to reply! Welcome to crochet- may it become your new favorite hobby. As for fabric crochet, I wouldn't call it hard, no. It takes some getting used to, and you will learn as you go- but it's VERY satisfying. Have fun!!