Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fancy This!

~*~
My fabulously talented and wonderful friend Donna over at Little Tiny Stitches is a stitchery queen.  She envisions the neatest combinations of pictures and words and trims and edgings, and puts them all together in bits like this art quilt above.  I happen to own one of her delightful needlecases, and it is one of my most prized possessions!
~*~
~*~
As an extra special touch to the work shown above (inspired by THIS post), Donna embellished it with this fancy button stitching.  She made this her own by using a bead-held sequin for the flower head.  Isn't that so clever?  Thanks so much for sharing, Donna- I know your work will inspire others to add unexpected fancy details as well!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Thankyou most kindly for this lovely blog post about my stitchery :o) (I love that term and I'm gonna make sure I use it :o) )

You are such a kind, lovely lady :o)

Hope you're having a lovely day Jennie.

Love n hugs,
Donna xx

Minx's Den said...

so beautiful! dogs are awesome! your friend did a great job! hope all is well with you jennie! getting any fall like weather?

CelticKnot said...

Oh gosh, that's super cute!! What a clever, beautiful detail.