Saturday, January 21, 2012

Done Deal

There's a new car in my driveway!!  Of course it's covered with snow and I haven't even gotten to sit in it yet, but it is there and we are thrilled!!  I've loved the Subaru logo forever, and today as I was preparing this post I found out something extra cool.  I thought it was just a cluster of gorgeous retro style stars, but lo and behold there's more.  It turns out that "Subaru" is the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster.  Six companies merged to create Subaru's parent company, and this is represented in the logo.  Neat, huh?

5 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

YAY Jennie!!!!

I am SO pleased that you've got your car sorted out! But so worth the wait!
When that snow clears, you get out there and play!! :o)

Have a lovely weekend Jennie. I'm so relieved for you :)

Love and hugs,
Donna xxOOxx

CelticKnot said...

Congratulations on the new car, Jennie! Tell us all about it! :-)

Also, thank you for the super cool fact of the day. You know I love stars, and I have always loved the Pleiades. I had no idea about Subaru's connection to it. Neat!

Enjoy your new ride!

Christy said...

I hope you love your Subaru! I bought mine two years ago this month and still absolutely adore it. I feel so safe driving in the snow and ice with the all-wheel drive. Enjoy yours!

Jennie said...

Thanks, All! Christy- it's so cool to hear from an owner how happy they are! We don't know anyone who has one of these, so I'm glad to know you're a fan :)

Well, Kristine- since you asked... it's the nicest car we've ever owned. Heated leather seats, big screen navigation system, satellite radio, back up camera, all wheel drive, panoramic sun/moon roof. Very comfy and safe, which is just what we wanted. And negotiated to a price we could afford! Woohoo!

mom said...

Congratulations to the Thoma family!!!! Need to find out from "the man" how he got such a great deal!! Heated leather seats, navigation system, back up camera...good lord!!! What bank did he rob...tell us Pleasse!!!