Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF




Whoever said "When it rains, it pours" hit it right on the nose! Our furnace bit the dust during last weekend's snow storm. When the man came out for the emergency call to fix that, he discovered that our hot water heater is leaking.
~*~
So then my car started making strange sounds this week. I took it in for repairs yesterday... new brake pads, new rotors, new battery later, and I'm out $650. Now our main home computer seems to have some sort of virus. And, we're bracing for up to 30 inches of snow in the next 24 hours. Did I mention that my daughter only had school for TWO HOURS TOTAL all of last week? Yep, going a little crazy here.
~*~
So, besides hunkering down for who knows how many days of cabin fever, I am spending my *free time* making a set of gorgeous shabby chic chair pads for a special new customer. And playing with my rag balls. I have these stars ready to list... I settled on $9 if purchased individually, or $40 for the set of 5. Thank you for your help with pricing. And if you are in the path of this storm, stay safe and warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck Jennie :( I hope once your storm has passed, it will make way for some good luck for you :) I have to say though, I'm very jealous of all your snow! We'd love to have a snow storm over here in England, but alas, all we have are a couple of days of a bit of snow and that's it! (Then everyone moans, and apparently the country can't cope!) -'cept us that is :)-. Loving your stars! When I make stars, they always turn up at the end of the arms and even blocking them doesn't seem to help. (You must have a magic crochet hook:) Take care, and keep wrapped up warm. Kind regards, Donna

Evelyn said...

Sorry to hear about your week (((hugs))). My family are home too all week, sick with flu. Hope next week is much better.

CelticKnot said...

Oh Jennie, I'm so very sorry about your week. I really hope the sun comes out for you soon. <3 <3 If you need anything I'm always here.