Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday's Treasures

Well, I don't have a photo of my best treasure for today. It was my daughter asking, "Hey Mom, do you wanna do "All The Single Ladies" after breakfast?" For us, *doing* "All The Single Ladies" means we put on dress up clothes, crank up the song, and dance ourselves silly. Today we just wore hats- me, baseball, Sophie, miner. I wish there WAS a photo...what a great way to start the day!
~*~


In other news, I'm hoping this basket will be a treasure for my new customer. She loved the blue and brown one for her son, but needed one for her little girl. She wanted bright colors, with pink, orange, and yellow. I think she'll love this!
~*~


And lastly, I found these silver plated Reed & Barton lotus (waterlily) bowls at the Salvation Army. Both still have their original stickers, and they are in fantastically excellent condition. I paid $1.99 each for them. After some research, I've found that resale prices are all over the map- from $25 to $50. In any case, they should bring 5x what I paid which is my minimum personal goal when I "flip" a vintage item.

~*~

Do you have a treasure to share today? Please leave a comment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to have seen you and your lass doing the "All the Single Ladies" thing! You're right, what a great way to start your day!

Your girl basket is very nice... super sized for Easter packing! Another happy little person on Easter morning...her basket is big enough for many chocolate bunnies!! You do have a way with the needle! Three cheers for YOU!

Sygnet Creations said...

What an adorable basket!

I went thrift shopping the other day and found an old military field jacket.. it has old school rank and maintenance badge.. hubby snatched it right up... So excited as I have been looking for one since I misplaced my dad's years ago.

Keep on dance and crafting.....

Lea said...

Love, love, love the Easter baskets for my daughter and son. Thank you! And, the little bunnies are just perfect. When we recieved the box, I told my 2-year-old son the Easter baskets were in it. He asked, "are there eggs in them?" I'm sure you could crochet up some of those. ;o) Beautiful work--I can't wait to have an excuse to buy from you again.