Friday, June 4, 2010

Featured Friday Interview: Part 2


What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?

Decide the best and most effective way to package and ship your work... streamlining the presentation and shipping process is key to maintaining sanity and conserving precious time. Make friends! Etsy is so huge that it can be lonely- sometimes it's a real challenge to be noticed or feel that you fit in. Find the special place within Etsy where you belong. Whether you spend time in the forums or join a team, it's priceless to be able to rely on a specific group of friends and supporters. Trading advice and morale boosting, and promoting as a group makes everything more enjoyable and effective!
~*~
How cute is that little friend photo up there? It comes from uber adorable Etsy shop Variation.
~*~
For more info about this "featured Friday" thing, and to see part 1 of this series click HERE! I believe next week I will do "Name your top five books, movies, musicians, and websites besides Etsy". It's not to late to join me in this process- just leave a comment!

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

This is a brilliant idea Jennie, all you have to worry about when the time comes (and I can feel it is not too far from the horizon)is to take an amazing photo of yourself and your work space. Great job!

Sygnet Creations said...

Perfect advice! I must say that with out the people I have come to love, on Etsy, I would never have known what I was lacking and make the improvements necessary to grow!

Such a fun journey....I have posted a new Q&A as well =)