Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fabric Finds

I have more "citrus flavored" fabric this week!
~*~



~*~
Though you can't tell it, that last one is on a white background.  I am having a DEVIL of a time with my photos lately.  All of the trees in our yard have their leaves now, and it makes a yellowish green filter to the light.  To combat this, I have been trying my luck at different times of the day, as well as using some photo editing software to whiten my whites.  It's super hard to do it without changing the other colors as well.  Harrumph.
~*~
I'm on a field trip today with Sophie's class- as an *official* chaperone for the first time.  We are HERE at Cows-N-Corn, experiencing life on a working dairy farm.  I hope to get some good photos to share over the weekend!

3 comments:

KiraMack said...

If you're having trouble getting white whites, try resetting the white balance on your camera. If you camera is reading, say, a pale yellow as white, then all your other colors will be off and no editing software can fix that. You need to tell you camera what white is, so it can judge all other colors from that! I reset my white balance every time I use my camera, and my colors come out true almost every time. :)

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I'm loveing the 'greeny white' californian poppies in the last fabric :o)

Looks like you're having a fun day today Jennie!
Looking forward to your farm photos!

Happy weekend my dear.
xxOOxx

Jennie said...

Thank you, Kira! Now to find the manual to figure out HOW to adjust the white balance ...