Monday, May 7, 2012

Makeover Monday: 5/7

A favorite sosorosey customer has come back with a special request- this time for a cotton rug in shades of brown and beige.  I found this yarn for her yesterday, and since it is a double strand rug, we're trying to decide what to do for the other color. 
~*~
~*~
I spent some time making swatches last night using this yarn with 3 other brown variations.  This mosaic is the fruits of my labor. 
~*~

~*~
The rag rug shown on the bottom right is what I was given for color inspiration.  The variegated brown yarn shown is the 2nd color that I think my customer would like.  The closeup on the top left is the swatch with the variegated brown and the first chosen yarn. 
~*~
The top right of the mosaic shows my three swatches.  The center one is the two yarns I shared with my customer yesterday.  There is some gray in that one that I think most closely matches the inspiration rug.  We'll see which one she picks, and I'll have some rug to share on WIP Wednesday :)
~*~
I don't know about you, but I have a crazy busy week going on here.  Most of it is related to school functions surrounding Teacher Appreciation Week, but I also have a dreaded dental appointment on Thursday, a PTA meeting Thursday night, and out of town visitors on Friday.  I'm very much looking forward to the visit, but I sure wish a cleaning fairy would make an appearance between now and then!  If you see her, send her my way, OK?

2 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Sounds like you need Victoria to pay you a visit! :D

I would, but I live too far away ;)

OOoo, don't like the sound of your dental appointment!
And schools do take up so much of our time!!
At one point all three of our children attended three different schools! lol

I really do think that the second swatch is the best! I'm looking forward to seeing what your customer chooses Jennie.

Happy evening dear.
Take care,
Big love and hugs to you!
xxOOxx

Ribbons Undone said...

If I lived closer, I could be your cleaning fairy!