Monday, September 6, 2010

Makeover Monday: 9/6

I am hard at work on a custom bowl and rug set for a new sosorosey customer. These are the fabrics she has chosen to match her shabby chic style, blue and cream colored kitchen.
~*~
I know. I know. This isn't the most stunning makeover you've ever seen. Cutting the fabric is one of the inglorious tasks associated with fabric crochet, and one that is often forgotten- by all but the crocheter. I thought it was appropriate to feature this step for a Labor Day makeover. With a little time and luck, these fabric balls will turn into an oval bowl overnight! I hope to be back tomorrow with part two of the makeover. Hope you're having a happy holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

can't wait to see the finish product, love all this shades...

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Oh, to have all those fabrics already 'stripped' into the little balls...would be bliss!
Love the fabrics Jennie..
Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Have a good week Jennie x

CelticKnot said...

I, for one, love seeing the labor behind the magic. I think it's really interesting and it shows just how much work, planning, and consideration goes into your items.