Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday's Treasure

Today's treasures may not be ultra exciting to you. Finding these sure took me on a lovely walk down memory lane, though!
~*~
I am 99.9% sure that we had these sheets when I was a little girl. I remember liking the turquoise and orange combination and the delicate vines. Still do!
~*~

Do you remember this thick yarn? Apparently it was marketed for "smart gift tying", but my mom took it a step further. She used to tie this in bows on my curly pigtails- a la Nellie Olson from Little House on the Prairie. Mind you, we didn't have this swanky orange and black. I seem to recall a pretty blue, though, that I wore for school pictures in 1st or 2nd grade.
~*~
Both of these items will be in sosovintage one day soon. Would you believe I found 2 dozen of these orange and black yarn cards the other day? They are just begging to be used on someone's Halloween craft project! If you have a special need for them, don't hesitate to send me a message about a reserved listing.

6 comments:

Linda B said...

The sheets look familiar to me too. LOL

CelticKnot said...

Great finds, Jennie! The fabric is really beautiful.

Melissa said...

The Sheets look so pretty :) Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Evelyn said...

lovely finds!

Heidi Renée said...

My mom tied yarn like that around my pigtails, too. I'm pretty sure I looked ridiculous!

Nicole Austin said...

i've bought a variety of old sheets for that same reason--we had it when i was little. i've been meaning to make a quilt or something from all of them. i've actually found quite a bit of them in your etsy shop, too! i love the ribbon! i remember girls wearing red ribbon just like that for school pictures. lovely.