Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rag Ball Surprise

I like to crochet in public. There. Now my secret is out. It's great for business, and it's something constructive to do while I'm waiting for an appointment, or sitting at Tae Kwon Do lessons, or idling in line at carpool pick up.
~*~
The other day I brought an old rag ball to play with while I was out and about. I was surprised at how sturdy the fabric was in this one, and how thick the strips were cut. I decided to use a large hook and see what happened. Well, this is the result!
~*~
I wish I had about 50 more balls like this one to use for a rug. As it is, this is a one-of-a-kind rarity- a solid feedsack table rug/trivet/coaster that would look divine in a farmhouse kitchen.
Look for her in sosorosey soon!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love working with Scrap colors. Sometimes, you get the most beautiful surprise :)

CelticKnot said...

Gorgeous! What a fantastic, rustic mix of farmhouse colors and patterns. I know someone will snatch it up fast. :-)

Evelyn said...

they're gorgeous!

I also think of such precious time wasted when I'm out and about waiting in line...at least yours is productive...